Friday, June 08, 2001
Thursday, June 07, 2001
Winners of this year's Bulwer Lytton contest (run by the English Dept.
of San Jose State University), wherein one writes only the first line of a
10) "As a scientist, Throckmorton knew that if he were ever to break wind
in the echo chamber he would never hear the end of it."
9) "Just beyond the Narrows the river widens."
8) "With a curvaceous figure that Venus would have envied, a tanned
unblemished oval face framed with lustrous thick brown hair, deep
azure-blue eyes fringed with long black lashes, perfect teeth that vied
for competition, and a small straight nose, Marilee had a beauty that defied
7) "Andre, a simple peasant, had only one thing on his mind as he crept
along the East wall: "Andre creep... Andre creep... Andre creep."
6) "Stanislaus Smedley, a man always on the cutting edge of narcissism,
was about to give his body and soul to a back alley sex change surgeon to
become the woman he loved."
5) "Although Sarah had an abnormal fear of mice, it did not keep her from
eeking out a living at a local pet store."
4) "Stanley looked quite bored and somewhat detached, but then penguins
3) "Like an overripe beefsteak tomato rimmed with cottage cheese, the
corpulent remains of Santa Claus lay dead on the hotel floor."
2) "Mike Hardware was the kind of private eye who didn't know the meaning
of the word "fear," a man who could laugh in the face of danger and spit
in the eye of death -- in short, a moron with suicidal tendencies."
AND THE WINNER IS...
1) "The sun oozed over the horizon, shoved aside darkness, crept along
the greensward, and, with sickly fingers, pushed through the castle window,
revealing the pillaged princess, hand at throat, crown asunder, gaping in
frenzied horror at the sated, sodden amphibian lying beside her,
disbelieving the magnitude of the frog's deception, screaming madly, "You
The enchantment with my job has dissolved and the enchantment with the Midwest ended before it began.
The resume has been tweaked, the recruitor has been called - please direct me to an escape hatch.
Tuesday, June 05, 2001
GWM, attractive, muscular, versatile (pref. pitching),
Br/Br. Goatee (no 'stach), seeks sleep, 5-HTP, room not referred to as
"a great space", conversation that does not mention "Morabito, Vasquez,
Lehman, Calderone or Marsh" (ok - they were all great though 'cept Susan).
Would like the following letters to be removed from the alphabet for no less
than 30 days (X, G and K).
Lost: Favorite Black Belt (on Dance Floor of MGM/1 Mighty Party)
< >< > Favorite Black tight fitting t-shirt (Manhole) that showed off my hard gym time (on Dance Floor of Hard Rock/Colliseum III Party)
< >< > Pride, Dignity and Sense of Feeling (on more than one occassion).
If found please burn each item - I'll probably just lose them again.
Hey - I did have an wonderful time and enjoyed every minute with my boy (sigh! smile!)